Mitchell Elementary welcomes all volunteers!
The Bryan ISD volunteer program offers countless opportunities to make a difference. We firmly believe that a strong corps of dedicated volunteers can help us assure student success for every child. The opportunities are endless, and we thank you for your interest.
Bryan ISD Volunteers Include:
- Any adult who works directly or indirectly with students.
- Any college student who is participating in an organized field experience or observing students.
- Any community member or business member who works with students.
- Any adult chaperone accompanying a school-sponsored field trip or providing supervision for a school event at which there is direct contact with students. (Field Trips, Field Day, Extracurricular Travel, Project Graduation, Dances/Prom, Book Fairs, other school events).
- Members of the PTO and Booster Clubs, CPIC, Parent Advisory Councils
- Visitors at Bryan ISD schools DO NOT need to complete a formal Volunteer Registration form.
For the safety and well being of our students, potential volunteers must complete a registration form and have criminal background review completed.
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER
1. Background Check
You MUST complete the following background check at the following link BEFORE filling out the application form:
2. Online Application
All volunteers and classroom observers are REQUIRED to complete a new Bryan ISD Volunteer Online Application annually, beginning August 16.
3. Approval and Placement
After applicants pass the background check and complete the application, the information will be subject for review. Approved volunteers will receive an email with instructions for reporting. When reporting to volunteer, please present your driver’s license to the campus office staff for screening in the Raptor system, which checks all visitor names and ID’s against a sexual offender database.
4. Reporting to Volunteer
When reporting to volunteer, please present your driver’s license to the campus office staff for screening in the Raptor system, which checks all visitor names and ID’s against a sexual offender database.
*We will process all background checks and applications as soon as possible. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dr. Hugo Ibarra, Coordinator Community Engagement, at 979-209-1043.